Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Driving Cross Country...Part 1





Friday, June 6, 2008. After an entire day of trying to load the U-Haul, Gabriela came over to help me. I couldn't get everything in there. My mom was at work, Matt's flight got in at 3pm- and we finally got on the road at 6pm. I think I just didn't want to say bye to my sister or my mother and was putting off the time we left. By 7pm we were driving through Hoover Dam. Note to anyone driving through that area: before you security lets you pass, if you are hauling anything, or look like you have a trunk full of anything, you will have to stop for inspection. We had to open the U-Haul- of which a rollerblade, a bag and who knows what else fell out in front of the cop. He simply asked if we had any kind of metal storage containers (such as a refrigerator, microwave, etc.). Thank goodness we weren't- the cop would have had to help us load that trailer back up! After that awful drive up that mountain, we were in the middle of nowhere Arizona. There were commercial lots everywhere. I asked Matt if he would like to buy some land there- he wondered if we'd be lucky enough to get one of the rusty old trailers as an added bonus too. Let me tell you, it looks like there is NOTHING here- very flat land!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave it under "Anonymous" make sure you leave your name along with your comments. Thanks for stopping by!