So I am really enjoying the blog posts over at Parker's Prints...today it's shows you love, so here goes:
1. General Hospital- You can thank Ricky Martin way back in the early 90's when he was on General Hospital. I began watching and never stopped. Even when the story lines aren't the greatest, can't help myself!! Little known fact...and since my own husband doesn't really read my blog, who knows when he will realize I got not one, but TWO of the names for our boys from that show. Not that they were named after any of the characters, but the spelling for one of them is from there and a name I simply loved is too.
2. Hot in Cleveland- Betty White- need I say more? I seem to fall asleep before it is on so I watch it online sometimes, but I love this show. As someone who has seen EVERY SINGLE episode of The Golden Girls- and still watch when it is on, I am needless to say, a huge, huge fan of Betty's.
3. Grey's Anatomy- I don't know what to say about this show, except that I still enjoy it as much now as I did when it first started. LOVE it.
4. Desperate Housewives- Love this show too. I wish I had neighbors like this that I could get together with the way they do. They stick together, and I really miss that I am so far away from my sisters, best friend, and a few others. Well, I wish I had all that, minus, the murder and mayhem.
5. Modern Family- Another one of those I love. I grew up watching Sofia Vergara, when she was blonde and on Univision's "Fuera de Serie". (Did you know she is naturally blonde? She began dying (sp?) it darker so she would get cast in roles as a Latina in the US market.) I remember the days when I had my accent too and love hearing her speak English. And the show is hilarious. There is only a little over a year age difference between my husband and me, but the difference in cultures so evident in Jay and Gloria's relationship is sometimes how it is between us. I wish ABC would hurry up and put new episodes on. I'd love to know what happened to Cougar Town too!! My kids and I throw that truth gun around quite a bit. I am surprised we don't have our own penny can yet too!!
6. All My Children- My mother in law got me into this one! I think I just enjoy seeing Hispanic actors on shows I like because it is a recurring theme. The actor playing the bad guy pretending to be a priest is Eddie Matos, from Puerto Rico. He was also on the short-lived Cane a few years ago. You may recognize him as the State Farm guy with the dark hair and cute dimples. Oh yeah, I enjoy the show too.
7. Hawaii Five-0- This show really is about me wanting to catch any glimpse of the ocean that I can. I am someone who was born and raised by the ocean (Lima, Peru, Ft. Lauderdale, Fl) and was in the Navy on a ship in the middle of the ocean- being landlocked in Kentucky is VERY DIFFICULT. I look forward to the day my family will be by the ocean once again. The show is actually pretty good too, Matt watches it with me sometimes. I am sure he appreciates that I watch the "guy shows" with him.
8. Castle- Matt and I watch this together, it is pretty entertaining. I like that it is funny, not always serious. You rarely hear good things on the news so I like the funny shows a lot.
9. Army Wives- Again, it must be the friendship of this group of women (and 1 man) that really attracts me to this.
I couldn't think of 10 shows, sorry!
You'd think I spend hours in front of the tv, in fact, I get tired of listening to the same songs over and over on the radio. Sooo...I have the tv on loud enough that I can hear it while I am doing things around the house or taking care of Dominic. His favorites are Handy Manny and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.;-)
So tell me- what are your favorite shows? It doesn't have to be 10, it can be any number you like! I'd love to know.
In other crafty news...tomorrow I am going to be interviewed by the local newspaper about my etsy shop/blog/cards, glasses, etc. I am so excited and I am trying to get a couple of things ready for when she comes over.