Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Superstar Surprise


About 2 weeks ago I went to one of my favorite scrapbooking stores, and waited patiently for the doors to open. You know how sometimes you see someone or something and they/it get your attention but you're not sure why? Well, this girl got my attention that morning. I thought maybe the door had just been unlocked or something. Anyway, I walked in and got what I was looking for. I hear her talking, trying to shop and not to stare- "Is she or isn't she?" She was! She- being Nichole Heady, one of the co-owners of Papertrey Ink!! Nichole is one of the many people in the PaperCraft/Stamping industry whose work I really admire. Her style is clean, simple & elegant. So, I walked up and asked her if she would mind taking a picture with me. (Of course, don't you know I am always prepared!! I always have my camera, anyone that knows me knows that.) Nichole was very nice, and we chatted for just a minute- but I have to admit I was nervous! Having lived in Las Vegas for 4 years, in Florida and even in Nashville, I have met more celebrities than I can remember so it kind of took me by surprise. I think I figured out the reason. Nichole is not a famous singer, or a superstar actress, but she is someone I look up to. As I mentioned before, it is because of her work style, I have read how the company began and because of the stamps she designs- the stamps are something I can see and use, thus creating my own style of cards. PTI also has a great design team, ladies whose work I enjoy and is at times inspiration when I have lost "it" and can't create. (I believe they call that "mojo"?? I am not sure if that makes sense, but to me, Nichole is a superstar in the papercrafting world. Take a look at her blog and see if you aren't inspired: http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/ Then follow the links (or their pictures) under the heading "Our Team- the best in the business" on the left hand side of the page to see the Design Teams' blogs.
Thanks Nichole, for being so nice, and down to earth!! Hopefully we'll run into each other again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave it under "Anonymous" make sure you leave your name along with your comments. Thanks for stopping by!